General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaz212 View Post
Welcome to the forum biblereader!! I am quite new here and I have enjoyed learning the scriptures from many friends here.

Sounds like a good group. I'm glad I found this. Well, I'm glad the Lord led me here.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-21-2009, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Mrs. Hayseed,

Sister, if you don't feel you can leave the church, because you under the headship of your husband, can you perhaps start a small assembly of women in your home? Perhaps for Bible study or Bible readings or simply for prayer. You might reach some other women in your church who are just staying in the church for the same reasons that you are.

One important thing: the first consideration is TRUTH. Are you receiving it at your church? If not, then church in the home sounds like a better option. That's what I have done. There are no KJVO people here that I know of. None of the churches here uplift the AV. They all use primarily the NIV - and sometimes they slide into (even worse!) The Message. It seems that they call forth whatever Bible translation best supports THEIR view and THEIR sermon. They just "mix and match."

My ex-fiance (who was a wonderful Christian until he got mixed up with the Freemasons) told me that I knew more than the minister at his Baptist church. He said that it was appalling to him how unknowledgeable ministers are. They are just dreaming up a topic, and then using a subject index in a few corrupt Bible versions to back-up what they plan to teach.

I'll pray for you and your situation, my sister.

Jassy
I have women friends from our Chapel but they believe women should be allowed to preach and so they left our Chapel and have gone to a church that supports their views.They all are all NIVers and into Healings,tongues,getting slain in the spirit,but I have remained friends with them because we are good gal pals and they have given up on me trying to get me to agree with them and we all just accept each other the way we are.

As for a Woman's Home Group,they all go to one already and I left that because there was no accountability to the Eldership of what was being taught.For instance it is NIV(the Elders would have no problem with that) and the leader of the group teaches that RC's and Seventh Day Adventists are saved because they believe in the Trinity.The woman running this bible study has no Elder's wife in her group,there is just no accountability at all.I stopped attending.

Until my husband decides we should look for a church out of town ( because unbelievably our church is the best on offer in our town) I'll just continue as Iam.Although it is getting increasingly hard.

Iam amazed your ex-fiance got mixed up with the FreeMason's with his knowelegable background.

Thankyou for prayers.

Mrs Hayseed
Old 05-21-2009, 01:45 PM

My husband and myself have neglected the command to fellowship with other believers because we have never been able to find a church that doesn't hold to serious error.

Hey, greenbear, I am in the same predicament as you. (except my husband does not see the need to go to church, or read the bible) The churches around where I live, so far, ALL are holding on to serious errors, and see NO need to change! Scary!
Maybe we can form a Sunday church here, in the KJV forum.
Is there one in here, already?

Last edited by biblereader; 05-21-2009 at 01:47 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 05-21-2009, 01:52 PM

Hi,
...Welcome!

I'm new here too, and have loved my time here so far. I have also come here to fellowship with like minded brothers and sisters and rest from the battle.

We had a wonderful KJ only church in TN, godly Bible believing pastor and congregation. We moved across the country almost 2 yrs ago and have not found a church where we are yet. Email me anytime.

God bless you sis. Again, welcome!

Last edited by bondservant40; 05-21-2009 at 01:57 PM. Reason: typo "am also" instead of "have also"
Old 05-21-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayseed View Post
I have women friends from our Chapel but they believe women should be allowed to preach and so they left our Chapel and have gone to a church that supports their views.They all are all NIVers and into Healings,tongues,getting slain in the spirit,but I have remained friends with them because we are good gal pals and they have given up on me trying to get me to agree with them and we all just accept each other the way we are.

As for a Woman's Home Group,they all go to one already and I left that because there was no accountability to the Eldership of what was being taught.For instance it is NIV(the Elders would have no problem with that) and the leader of the group teaches that RC's and Seventh Day Adventists are saved because they believe in the Trinity.The woman running this bible study has no Elder's wife in her group,there is just no accountability at all.I stopped attending.

Until my husband decides we should look for a church out of town ( because unbelievably our church is the best on offer in our town) I'll just continue as Iam.Although it is getting increasingly hard.

Iam amazed your ex-fiance got mixed up with the FreeMason's with his knowelegable background.

Thankyou for prayers.

Mrs Hayseed
Mrs Hayseed, I understand more now why you're in the situation that you are. It's becoming nearly impossible to find a KJVO church now. I'm so very thankful that we have this forum and, as biblereader said - "The remnant is truly a remnant." Sometimes it is so difficult to stand firm when there's an onslaught all around you! But the LORD is with us and we have been promised His strength to overcome.

We love you here!! I've only been here a few days, and I feel the love of all the brethren here very strongly.

Jassy
Old 05-21-2009, 03:51 PM

"We love you here!! I've only been here a few days, and I feel the love of all the brethren here very strongly.

Jassy"

Amen!!!

And biblereader, George's posts about Calvinism are really long but I've finally read some and they are also really, really good.
Some on this board have recommended IFB churches. It looks like there are IFB churches in Jacksonville, Orlando and Miami. Perhaps you live in one of those three areas? http://www.ifbweb.com/index.php?opti...=117&Itemid=48
Old 05-22-2009, 12:08 AM

Around here the only KJV readers in their church are seventh day adventists!

I think it will be increasingly hard to find a Church that is suitable.

But,anywy at least we have this site to touch base with huh?

Mrs Hayseed

PS No sorry,I tell a lie there is a Grace Bible Church in the next town that is KJV only but they have about twelve members because they are so strict about ladies wearing dresses 24/7 and they intrude into your life by guilting people to take on projects that require a real committment.If you can't do it you are told to find another job that will free you up.It dosen't matter even if you milk cows,get another job.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Welcome biblereader,I hope you find fellowship and church here.I can understand your frustration in your christian walk,my church in NZ allows women to preach at times and some of the men when preaching use the Message and one actually has a version that is black and in gold it says Message Bible,all of our other preachers are NIVers as is our Pastor and Elders.
Our church is the best on offer in town.

Mrs Hayseed
That sounds awful! Godly churches are getting scarce. Jesus said it would be like this, though. He asked if He would find faith on the earth!
Old 05-22-2009, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Around here the only KJV readers in their church are seventh day adventists!

I think it will be increasingly hard to find a Church that is suitable.

But,anywy at least we have this site to touch base with huh?

Mrs Hayseed

PS No sorry,I tell a lie there is a Grace Bible Church in the next town that is KJV only but they have about twelve members because they are so strict about ladies wearing dresses 24/7 and they intrude into your life by guilting people to take on projects that require a real committment.If you can't do it you are told to find another job that will free you up.It dosen't matter even if you milk cows,get another job.
Wow, that sounds like a cult. Almost. There is something to being un worldly, though.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:07 AM

Define IFB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
"We love you here!! I've only been here a few days, and I feel the love of all the brethren here very strongly.

Jassy"

Amen!!!

And biblereader, George's posts about Calvinism are really long but I've finally read some and they are also really, really good.
Some on this board have recommended IFB churches. It looks like there are IFB churches in Jacksonville, Orlando and Miami. Perhaps you live in one of those three areas? http://www.ifbweb.com/index.php?opti...=117&Itemid=48