Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Forum Administrator

Default The Sin of the Tower

This morning I blogged this: The Sin of the Tower of Babel. Excerpt:
What was the real problem with the tower of Babel?

There are varying ideas about this. One movie I watched as a child showed the completion of the Tower and then a man (presumably Nimrod) shooting an arrow from the top of the tower “in to heaven.” Others say that the tower was a plan to “get to heaven” without God.
Hope someone finds it helpful/edifying...
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-11-2009, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
This morning I blogged this: The Sin of the Tower of Babel. Excerpt:
What was the real problem with the tower of Babel?

There are varying ideas about this. One movie I watched as a child showed the completion of the Tower and then a man (presumably Nimrod) shooting an arrow from the top of the tower “in to heaven.” Others say that the tower was a plan to “get to heaven” without God.
Hope someone finds it helpful/edifying...
Brother, there is nothing I can add to this study, you covered all the bases in this most excellent study

I remember as a child being taught it was a place to flee to in case of another Flood, An act of disobedience to God whatever the reason. History ALWAYS repeats itself. One World Under Judas Iscariot Is On The Way!

As I brought out to BP in the discussion of universal languages, Gen. 11 is a prime example of the world uniting against God rather than with Him.

He is risen.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 04-12-2009, 06:48 PM

I enjoyed your article very much and found it very instructive. I believe your explanation as to why building the tower was wrong is correct.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:21 PM

I'd wondered about that, but never given it much thought. It makes sense.

Thanks Diligent!
Old 04-13-2009, 07:19 PM

Although I already of know this, I thank you for posting this site Diligent. This will make it easier for other who like I before, want to know about anything related to the Tower of Babel. I remember I had a question related to the tower of Babel. I wondered why would God create so many different languages, and why not just keep the one man had? I started looking all over the internet, and after much searching, my research led me to the tower topic. Good topic!
Old 04-14-2009, 06:36 PM

It is what I had always been taught about the tower. Good job Brandon
Old 04-16-2009, 05:08 PM

Great Blog Brandon, I only replied to this now as when you posted it I went to your Blog Site and ended up going to most of your websites and Jaebyrds and forgot to leave a comment!

The notion that They were building the tower to reach Heaven dosent make much sense considering they must have observed mountain tops / Hills that were a lot Higher than they could have built a tower, therefore they would have had to build it on the Highest peak.