Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:29 AM

Default Be Satisfied, God is.

Romans 4:23-25 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

In these last days many, many anxious souls are seeking and praying and not finding any satisfaction, it is evident from some posts on these very forums. I have taken a step back from posting as much on the forums, led by Gods Spirit to learn in meekness and humility.Proverbs 22:4 By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.
I would like to exhort the Faithful Brethren on the forum for standing true to Gods infallible written Word, purposely preserved in the KJB, For putting on the whole armour of God to fight against naysayers, mockers and scorners.

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Jude 1:17-19 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

I tell you Brothers and Sisters GOD IS SATISFIED.

Do you feel satisfied; do you struggle to feel satisfied in you walk with the Lord? As Brother Forrest continues to exhort in many posts with this wonderful verse

Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

He Truly IS the author and finisher of our faith and we should be blessed in the knowledge that God is Satisfied
Never, never, never will you be satisfied until you have believed that God has found infinite satisfaction in the work of Christ on the cross for you.
1 Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
He cried out on the cross, “IT IS FINISHED!” and died (John 19:30). But, thank God He is risen again, and exalted to “the right hand of God” (Acts 2:32, 33). Yes! “This man after He had offered one sacrifice for ... sins forever, sat down on the right hand of God” (Heb. 10:12), from whence God sent the Holy Ghost to give this witness to all believers. “Their sins and iniquities will I remember NO MORE” (verse 17).

It is evident that some come to this forum with a singular agenda to sway Godly brethren from the truth, tempting with their own self righteous self satisfaction Gospel, perverting the “right way” of the Lord

Acts 13:10 ......... O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

The Right way is to stop seeking satisfaction by ourselves and try NO LONGER to DO anything, wait NO LONGER to feel anything, Wait NO LONGER for satisfaction, Simply rest where God rests, In Christ.

Matchless Saviour! Thy work is done. Once was sufficient for God, and once is sufficient for me. I can meet God now with joy, for Thou hast answered every question and settled every claim, and introduced me to that blessed God who rejoices over me with joy, who rests in His love and joys over me with singing,
Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
“God is satisfied.” Now are you?

I know I can Cry out Yes! The way in which He receives the poor, dissatisfied, repentant, returning prodigal, covering him with kisses, clothing and feasting him - tells out the satisfied heart of a satisfied God.

Those that are in the condition of seeking knowledge, seeking truth and trying unsuccesfully to get satisfied through self are putting the cart before the horse and expecting it to go. The Gospel begins with God, not with us.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-18-2008, 09:00 AM

Default Re: "Be Satisfied, God is"

Brother People Of The Way {POTW}

That is one reason I "pick and choose" where & what to comment on. There is so much bloviating going on from those few individuals who come here - not to edify the brethren, but to demonstrate their broad and vast depth of "knowledge", that sometimes it makes a person want to "up-chuck".

There is so much "straining at a gnat" going on, that it makes one wonder - If these people have ever read:

Matthew 23:23
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Matthew 23:24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

Luke 11:42
But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Those of us who love "doctrine" have to be careful that we don't become so "doctrinaire" that we lose sight of Judgment and the Love of God; or that we forget the "weightier matters" of the Law, Judgment {again}, Mercy, and Faith.

In other words we must be real careful that we don't become like the Scribes or Pharisees of old - HYPOCRITES!

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:10 PM

Thank you for this Brother, you don't know how much I needed to read that.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:12 PM

Amen Brother George

We, as Brothers and Sisters in Christ should comfort and edify each other, not strive to cast a stumbling block in a Brother's way

2 Corinthians 1:3-5 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

How wonderful to know that the God of Our salvation comforts us in ALL our tribulation as a shining example on how we should comfort each other.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Those that are weak in faith or new creatures in Christ should be treated as exactly what they are, little Children, to be suffered and taught in lovingkindness and patience, not belittled through self knowledge and education

I in all meekness say to the Blessed Brethren who feel subjected to educated bullying
Stand fast
1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

Galatians 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Philippians 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

1 Thessalonians 3:8 For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord.

While the Mockers and naysayers continue to pop up, and to spit out some venom in an attempt to self satisfy, then slip back into a corner, we that Stand fast can be reassured with the FACT that Our Lord Endures for us and we are nothing and can do nothing without Him regardless of how much we know or dont know.

Psalms 111:7-8 The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure. They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Thank you for this Brother, you don't know how much I needed to read that.
Then while I sat browsing this forum as I have done over the last number of weeks, unable through the Spirit to post for fear of contention, felt that still small voice tell me that some soul needs comfort through something You write today.....write!..... and I did prayerfully that It would help another and praise the Lord I am thankfull always to our Author and Finisher that It did.
Like I said in my post above (before I read your reply) we MUST comfort one another as God Comforted us.

God Bless.
1 Corinthians 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
The Right way is to stop seeking satisfaction by ourselves and try NO LONGER to DO anything, wait NO LONGER to feel anything, Wait NO LONGER for satisfaction, Simply rest where God rests, In Christ.
Brother Steve. Jesus Christ really does meet every need doesn't He? Here are some more words of declaration, proclamation, exaltation, and praise to the sufficiency of our blessed Hope and Saviour.
John 6:48 I am that bread of life.

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

Acts 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

John 16:7-15 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Colossians 1:16-18 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Colossians 2:9-10 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Matthew 17:8 And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.
I am satisfied!
Old 12-18-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Brother Steve. Jesus Christ really does meet every need doesn't He? Here are some more words of declaration, proclamation, exaltation, and praise to the sufficiency of our blessed Hope and Saviour.

John 6:48 I am that bread of life.
Brother Forrest I was just reading the Mighty "I AM's" of Christ last night and they most certainly destroy the feeble if thou be's of the devil

I pray that you are keeping well.
God Bless and I hope to get on the forum a little more frequently (Dont be afraid to continue emailing, I will get them eventually)
Old 12-18-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Brother Forrest I was just reading the Mighty "I AM's" of Christ last night and they most certainly destroy the feeble if thou be's of the devil

I pray that you are keeping well.
God Bless and I hope to get on the forum a little more frequently (Dont be afraid to continue emailing, I will get them eventually)
Hey peopleoftheway! I haven't seen your name for a while. I hope you have been well.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
Old 12-19-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Hey peopleoftheway! I haven't seen your name for a while. I hope you have been well.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
Brother Stephen, he does not have immediate access to a computer/internet like he did before. I miss his frequent fellowship too.

Brother Steve (People), have you been able to find employment yet?
Old 12-19-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
Hey Stephen Brother, as Brother Forrest said I have no net access at home so I only get on to browse when Im visiting my Folks, I do read over posts though now and again but I have felt led by the spirit to refrain from most, that is until yesterday. I am encouraged that through Older learned Brothers on the forum, as well as some of the younger ones also, that you have come to a more perfect truth than you had before, keep it up

Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Quote:
Brother Steve (People), have you been able to find employment yet?
No employment as yet Brother, but I have a few applications in, I know that The Lord will see fit to put me where Im needed in his time, not mine. I am certain that the wait for a Job and the trial of no money will be a blessing.

Ecclesiastes 7:8 Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.