Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:38 PM

Default How to study the Bible

One of the most important truths the Holy Spirit has impressed on my heart through this Bible Forum has been the importance of examining the precise and exact written "word" and "words" of God. I realize that may sound very basic but it's so very important for us to "rightly divide the word of truth" by prayerfully considering each word.

Of course, none of us get it right 100% of the time but I think most of us realize His "word" and "words" are vital and can be understood by every true believer. If you've not read and studied this particular resource written by Brother George, I highly recommend it--it will strengthen your resolve to know the word of truth.

http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/HOW...E%20-%20WP.htm
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-25-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
One of the most important truths the Holy Spirit has impressed on my heart through this Bible Forum has been the importance of examining the precise and exact written "word" and "words" of God. I realize that may sound very basic but it's so very important for us to "rightly divide the word of truth" by prayerfully considering each word.

Of course, none of us get it right 100% of the time but I think most of us realize His "word" and "words" are vital and can be understood by every true believer. If you've not read and studied this particular resource written by Brother George, I highly recommend it--it will strengthen your resolve to know the word of truth.

http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/HOW...E%20-%20WP.htm
Brother Forrest, many people overlook a word in the Scriptures that can throw off hundreds of little spokes off in all dorections and cause hours of study:

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Unto who first, and also unto the what? The church at Corinth was not a "church in chaos", it was primarily made up of Jews.and Gentile proselytes.

Php 4:15 Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.

Ro 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
Ro 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
2Ti 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Paul preached a different gospel than the 12 Apostles, he preached a gospel distinctly his own. How do we know this? Because Paul's gospel had a beginning. Paul did not preach a "gospel" found in Genesis 12, Matthew 24 and 28, Mark 16, Acts 2, 3 or 5, he preached a gospel given to him and no one else by direct revelation of Jesus Christ(Eph.3).

You're right brother, one word can shine like a million watt light bulb in illuminating the Scriptures, all you have to do is believe it. You can't beat a KJV for sound doctrine, you can;t beat a KJV for right division, you can't beat a KJV for anything.

Can you wrongly divide a KJV? Bless God yes, the KJV was all Alexander Campbell, Charles Taze Russell, Ellen White, and Joseph Smith had. All you have to do to wrongly divide the word of truth is not believe it. How do you do that? By erecting a second authority next to it.

Grace and peace Forrest

Tony