Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredoheaven View Post
Sir, thank you for this post, I soon realized that this is happening even in our local church. Many of our young people have been hindered by their parents or older brother or sister. They don't want them attend Bible Studies and exactly, new believers attending our church with "unwin" boyfriend were the ones stopping them to be invovled in our church ministry. Bro. please pray for the work here in the Philippines.

Here is a link for an interesting work here in the Philippines. The work is started by Pastor Ed Laurena, the brother of our sending pastor Ptr. Gil Laurena. Hope you will be blessed.

http://www.cbbcphilippines.org/
My pleasure Fred, will pray for that situation.
Thanks for the link, that's a beautiful website.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-27-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
It is obvious from my posts on this Forum that I’m always driven by the practical application of Holy Scripture for believers today and if an application can be made without changing or corrupting God’s word I try to faithfully do that.
That's a good idea. A better one is to understand the literal application before making the practical. You'll not be tempted to misapply something when the first things are first.

Everyone preaches on "taking up your cross" and "counting the cost" from Luke 14. That's good preaching when applied spiritually to believers today. There's really no question about that. The problem was the word "hate", and I believe that a sound Bible answers to that question have been given sufficiently by now.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:02 PM

So True PBI
Old 06-27-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
That's a good idea. A better one is to understand the literal application before making the practical. You'll not be tempted to misapply something when the first things are first.

Everyone preaches on "taking up your cross" and "counting the cost" from Luke 14. That's good preaching when applied spiritually to believers today. There's really no question about that. The problem was the word "hate", and I believe that a sound Bible answers to that question have been given sufficiently by now.
My friend, consider:

Ro 1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Ro 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

The OT is holy Scripture as much as any other. I've made a study of Lev. 5, though it does not apply to me(Christ is our sin offering)there is much of a spiritual nature to be learned, as I just cited. What is a sin offering? We must first know what it is, then we can see that now Jesus Christ has been offered up as our sin offering.

Another good set of passages to study, with application to disobeying the authority of God, which is found in the Scriptures:

Jud 17:6 In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
Jud 21:25 In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

This is why we have over 200 "versions of the "bible" in English, and we have several for particular sects of heresy:

NWT- Watchtower
Concordant Literal Version- Unitarian Universalists
New Century Version- Church Of Christ

Hey, go to Burger King, order a bun with nothing between it, that's what you want, they'll sell it to you. Their motto: Have It Your Way. We have Burger Kings Jesus, Burger King "bibles". I've seen Gloria Copeland on TV, with 5 "versions" on a podium, she cherry-picked the version that supported what she wanted to say.

I've not made a study of the spiritual significance of Luke 14, only that I am commanded to "hate" no one.

Grace and peace

Tony

Last edited by tonybones2112; 06-27-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:49 PM

I'm confused why that post was directed to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
I've not made a study of the spiritual significance of Luke 14, only that I am commanded to "hate" no one.
...and I backed you up on that.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
I'm confused why that post was directed to me.

...and I backed you up on that.
I was not directing anything against you, just adding fuel to the fire my friend, by nailing down, or attempting to in an understandable manner, the passages in the OT that had a doctrinal application in Time Past to Israel, and our use of them today. We initiate threads in this forum, and respond to many of other's, but we are not the only ones who read them. I was just making additional commentary to what we all have been doing regarding the passage in Luke.

Grace and peace

Tony