Thread: New Wine?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 07:32 AM

Here are a few verses to consider.
Prov. 3:10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.
New wine coming out of the press - huh. (See Gen. 40:10-11 for additional information on the press connected with the vine.)
Is. 65:8 Thus saith the LORD, As the new wine is found in the cluster,...
So that's where God says new wine can be found - in the cluster, the field, the vine.
Joel 1:10 The field is wasted, the land mourneth; for the corn is wasted: the new wine is dried up, the oil languisheth. 11 Be ye ashamed, O ye husbandmen; howl, O ye vinedressers, for the wheat and for the barley; because the harvest of the field is perished. 12 The vine is dried up, and the fig tree languisheth; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, even all the trees of the field, are withered: because joy is withered away from the sons of men.
Hag. 1:11 And I called for a drought upon the land, and upon the mountains, and upon the corn, and upon the new wine, and upon the oil, and upon that which the ground bringeth forth, and upon men, and upon cattle, and upon all the labour of the hands.
It seems the God is pretty clear about the subject after all.

Now, if we follow LeeM1023 we'd find out that Jesus Christ was in violation of the word of God when he preformed His miracle in John 2.

Hab. 2:15 Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!

John 2:9 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,
10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

My, my, my, is that really what you want to suggest about our Saviour?

You had better be careful with what you say in regards to "wine" in the Bible.