View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 05:20 PM

As usual Chette, you go on at length with your personal opinions and teachings of men, without a single scripture to support your view.

Truth is, I don't know what Satan is doing in heaven other than accusing the brethren. But scripture shows that he is still there day and night.

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. [/B]11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. 13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. 14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. 15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. 16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth. 17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Now this is Revelations, which I am sure you would agree is future. And Satan who is clearly identified in vs. 9 and his angels are warring against Michael and his angels. Then in verse 10 it says Satan accused the brethren "before our God" day and night.

So I don't care what your personal opinion is, or the opinions of false teachers. The scriptures are very clear. Yes, in Job Satan did say he was walking up and down on the earth, and we also know that Satan approached and tempted Jesus in the wilderness. So Satan does come down to earth. But he also seems to have free access to heaven day and night as vs 10 clearly says.

I am not wresting scripture. Your David Regan argues that "was" in Genesis 1:2 should be interpreted "became", Fredoheaven said the same thing. You said David Regan's did a "great job" of putting together the gap theory.

I hope everyone here sees this. The gap theory is not harmless, it argues that the Bible has mistakes as David Regan and Fredoheaven both said.

In Eze 28 God says "I will cast thee to the ground". That is future Chette. What do you do? You argue that "ground" does not mean the earth. Well tell me, where is this "ground" located? Is that in the 3rd heaven? Is it in space, or our atmosphere? It is you who twists scripture to try and make it accomodate your false theory. Anybody would know that is the earth, even unbelievers.

And in Isa 14, yes, it does say "fallen" and it does say "cut down to the ground". But when you get down to verse 15 it says "Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit". That is future Chette. And that is fulfilled in Revelations.

Rev 9: 1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. 2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. 3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

This angel falls unto the earth and has the keys to the bottomless pit. That is the "sides of the pit" in Isa 14:15. And how do we know this is Satan?, from verse Rev 9:11

Rev 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

These names mean "destruction" and "destroyer"

Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; 17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

I personally don't care if you believe this false theory, that is your individual right. But it does bother me that you teach others this falsehood which casts doubt on God's word such as questioning the word "was" in Gen 1:2 which Fredoheaven did, and so does David Regan.

It is one thing to be in error. None of us understands God's Word perfectly, and we all can err. But to be shown your error and still continue in it is very bad. You should consider that.

Last edited by Winman; 04-19-2009 at 05:38 PM.