View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
2 Thessalonians 3:17 The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write.

The KJV and all other bibles indicate in the title that the book of Hebrews is an "epistle". It looks like it's an epistle with salutations at the last chapter, with Paul's signature ("token") being absent. If Paul did not sign his name, then the salutation is not "of Paul" and the letter not his.

Your right about Hebrews being labeled as an epistle, I went and looked in all 8 of my KJBs, and each one labels it an epistle. However, my two Cambridge KJBs also titled it: "The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Hebrews".
Some of the other publishers are a little dubious, but Cambridge and TBS say its from Paul.
In any event, I'm not trying to prove you wrong, I think your point about the token in every epistle is a good one. I just have weighed the evidence I've read so far on both sides and found there to be far more evidence for Paul.

But MY bottom line on this topic is that I believe 100% that the book of Hebrews is perfect in the AV, it just needs to be rightly divided. Rightly dividing is a bit difficult for those of us who have just been learning about it for a couple years, but from all the study I have done about rightly dividing so far, I've seen its correct application unlock the supposed contradictions, fallacies and heresies. So I may not have all the answers, but I know that every perfect answer is in this Bible right here in my hand - Amen!

The main thing is to try to help Tandi show her friend how its actually perfect, and give him back the sure-footed confidence in the word of God.
I'm afraid I'm not skillful enough yet to help prepare her to counter the arrows of the enemy over her friend's soul, which in part depends on his acceptance of the word of God.
I'll respectfully ask the more experienced brethren on this forum to get back to giving Tandi tools and helps she can use to win her atheist friend.

Tandi, whenever I pray for my 'atheist' friend that I've been witnessing to (he's also somewhat open to listening, and accepted the Bible and tracts I gave him), I'll pray for yours too.