Thread: UFOs...
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 06:43 PM

Re: brother Jerry's Post #25

Quote:
Discerning IS judging - it is judging whether something is right or wrong, whether it lines up with the Bible or not - whether it comes from God or not.

No, I don't need to know Ruckman for 40 years, read 100 of his books, and know his birthdate and favourite ice cream flavour to be able to discern what I have read of his. I can't judge ALL of his material, but I can certainly judge what I have already read and been exposed to - and form my own conclusion on what the rest must be like based on what I have already seen and read.

Sorry brother Tim,

I'll get off this thread after this.

Webster's 1828 Dictionary

DISCERN, v.t. s as z. L., to separate or distinguish, Gr.

1. To separate by the eye, or by the understanding. Hence,

2. To distinguish; to see the difference between two or more things; to discriminate; as, to discern the blossom-buds from the leaf-buds of plants.

Discern thou what is thine--Genesis 31.

3. To make the difference.

For nothing else discerns the virtue or the vice.

4. To discover; to see; to distinguish by the eye.

I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding. Proverbs 7.

5. To discover by the intellect; to distinguish; hence, to have knowledge of; to judge.

So is my lord the king to discern good and bad. 2 Samuel 14.

A wise mans heart discerneth time and judgment. Ecclesiastes 8.

DISCERN, v.i.

1. To see or understand the difference; to make distinction; as, to discern between good and evil, truth and falsehood.

2. To have judicial cognizance.

Once again you have avoided dealing with most of the points in my post, and instead you have managed to trivialize my testimony with:
Quote:
"I don't need to know Ruckman for 40 years, read 100 of his books, and know his birthdate and favourite ice cream flavour to be able to discern what I have read of his."
{When you won't or can't handle dealing with legitimate points you either ignore them or come up with some "cutesy" remark in order to deflect attention away from a fact or the truth - reminds me of some of my kids when they were growing up!}

According to Webster's: Discerning is separating or distinguishing a matter; i.e. between "good " and "evil", etc. Discerning is not "JUDGING" another brother in Christ! You can't "cherry pick" your own "private interpretation" of a word any more than you are supposed to "privately interpret" Scripture. {Oh, you can try - but I'll be here to continually remind you.}

Your continual bashing of brother Ruckman is NOT so much "discerning" a matter; as it is JUDGING another brother in Christ and his "Ministry" and that is what I have been objecting to for several weeks now - and you don't seem to "get" the difference.

Discern all you want,

Please answer these two questions:

#1. Is brother Peter Ruckman a "FALSE TEACHER"?

#2. Is brother Peter Ruckman a "HERETIC?"

If he is either of the above, say so and then PROVE it - not by mere "accusations" or statements taken out of context, but by cold hard facts.

If he is not a "False Teacher" or a "Heretic", then why, (every time his name shows up on this Forum) do you not hesitate to take another "crack" at him personally?

You are not just "discerning" between right and "wrong", I would have no problem with that. No, this is "personal"; this is more than just "discernment" - this is a personal "vendetta" (on your part) against a man who God has used (my first hand personal testimony); and whom you know little or nothing about; but whom you continually slander, malign, and impugn.

Romans 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

A word to the wise should be sufficient - but on the other hand . . . . . ?