View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Tandi

Bro. Parrish,

My formerly fundamental/evangelical, now atheist, friend is not concerned for his soul....he does not believe in heaven, hell, demons, God, or even that Jesus was a historical person! He "knows for an absolute fact" that his ancestors were primates, is fully convinced of Evolution, and believes the Bible is a bunch of re-worked myths. It is hard for me to believe he is glory bound regardless....that Heaven will be populated with apostates. Yet it is also hard for me to give up on praying for him and I continue to dialogue with him, hoping for a change of heart and mind. He is still reading the KJV Bible daily, at my request......and I DO believe the Word of God is "quick (living) and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword.......hmmm, this is in Hebrews! One of my favorite Scriptures.

Ironically, the first step on his slippery slope of losing faith in the Bible as the Word of God was doubting the Book of Hebrews because of discrepancies he could not reconcile.

When answers to hard questions are not found in Fundamentalist/Evangelical resources, the "new atheists" (Dawkins, Dennett, Shermer, Hitchens, Barker, etc.) are all too willing and eager to prey upon doubters with their best selling skeptic books. There is a new one by Bart Ehrman, called Jesus...Interrupted that is fast becoming a best seller. Ehrman is a Moody/Wheaton graduate......now agnostic, and leading many astray. We've got to have the apologetics resources available to refute this stuff!

These are perilous times we are living in. The Great Falling Away is upon us.

Shalom,

Tandi