Thread: Anti-KJVO
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 10:39 AM

Steven, and Matthew,

I am driven to interject here for the sake of some level of unity.

Matthew, you know from my prior writings here and elsewhere that I am fiercely in support of the KJB and specifically the PCE. So what I write here must not diminish that fact.

Steven, I have great respect for your knowledge and experience in the field of apologetics, particularly in respect to the textual fight and the supremacy of the KJB.

That said, and hopefully without sounding wimpish, there is a grave danger here that damage can be done to the stand for the truth in our time.

Matthew, God has given you a wonderful gift of seeing what will be in time to come, when the true believing church will providentially gravitate to the KJB as the pure and full final authority. He has enabled you to begin turning the eyes of many toward that reality. The danger that exists for you is that you might, because of a sense of urgency, attempt to expedite His timing. As you have stated in another place, because it is of God, it will not fail to come to pass. Be patient to allow the transition to take place in His way and time. Just as the world influence of the English language is not fully complete, the ability to provide pure copies to the world is not yet a reality. If everyone had the necessary access and ability to read the electronic form, we would be closer, but that is not present reality. Do what God has called you to do. Allow those who are fighting the same battle near by to get their eyes focused more clearly by the Spirit of God.

Steven, your abilities in the realm of languages and your skill as a debater have equipped you to fill a place that few can comprehend. The hazard that is present is that your skills, when misdirected, could be used by those who seek even the slightest crack in the wall to gain advantage. I would caution you to walk carefully. While I could not begin to match your intellect, I have attempted to debate on a number of fronts those who question the KJB position. Though I thought that I had at times landed a few blows, the end result has always been that nothing changed. Have the results been different with you? I have come to the conclusion that we must present truth, but not be surprised if that truth is completely ignored. That does not negate our responsibility.

What Matthew appears to claim is that Steven's work is unnecessary and useless. What Steven appears to claim is that Matthew is not equipped to fight the battle that exists. What I would say is that each has his own God-given arena of warfare, and that both need to face the same direction when fighting, and not at each other.

In love,