View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 12:56 PM

Default A handful of rhetorical questions for MV adherents!

Here are some basic thoughts that cannot be ignored when approaching the sacred text.

-------------------------------------

Rv.6: 9-10 “And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?”

Strange isn’t it that John saw this after he had been taken up into heaven to see the things that were to take place in the future…………..

Rv.4:1 “After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.”

……….but some would have us believe that the word of God had only survived up until John’s generation? So how could they have been slain for something that had perished long before these believers were around?

The same could be said of 1 Pt.3:1 “Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives.”

If the proponents of textual criticism are right then this could only have applied to the first century Christian generation, as who could possibly obey something that was to go out of existence after them?

What about the twelve tribes that were scattered abroad does the book of James only apply to them? Jms. 1: 22-23 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:”

Doers of the “overall general message?” – no doers of the word – well if I believe the MV argument I’m alright then – because no one has the originals any longer so who can know for sure what that word was?

And as for their present Bible versions they would certainly have to reword the following passage:
Hb.4: 12 “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”

For the word of God (was) quick, and powerful, and (originally) sharper than any twoedged sword, (once) piercing even to the diving asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and (at one time) was a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

If God hasn’t preserved His word (like they believe) then how else could they handle this verse?

But when they approach the final chapter of revelation how can they believe what they read?

Rv.22: 18-19 “For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.”

God’s word has to be exactly what it claims to be as without that reality then it isn’t possible for it to be what it claims to be.

God bless

PaulB