View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
Be very concerned. All traditional, normal King James Bibles have "shew". Once there are changes like "alway" to "always", there are meaning differences. If there are differences like this, there will be differences in words like "intreat", "mortar", "bewray", etc.

The meaning of “alway”. The following is a great example of the exactness of the words of the Authorized King James Bible (using the Oxford English Dictionary for reference). The world “always” means “at every time” and “on every occasion”, whereas the word “alway” means “all the time” and “perpetually”. For example, Jesus said, “lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.” (Matthew 28:20b). Yet He also said, “but me ye have not always.” (John 12:8b). This is not a contradiction, since John is describing Jesus’ personal physical presence. Even though Jesus is not “always” on Earth by His own physical person, yet He is “alway” with His people on the Earth, for example, by the Holy Ghost and the Word.
BP, you have a lot of info on the subject. My question to you is how do we know the the PCE is perfectly the same as the original AV1611? Do we have the authors original writings instead of the original printing with the misprints and such?

I know we have some facsimiles of other versions about that time period but I have not found a true facsimile of the AV1611. You would probably know better as to where to find one. I do not want one in new type but an actual photo copied one.

I guess there are 2 questions here...

1) Where are the authors original writings to know what were typos or spelling differences?

2) Where can I get a true facsimile of the original printing of the AV1611?

Thanks!