View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Tbones,

what Bible scriptures do you have to support that Satan was chief of 5 cherubs all higher order than Michael the Archangel?

The example of Michael not rebuking the Devil(Satan) for the body of Moses did not rebuke because Satan was of a higher rank. He did so because he knows who truly hold all power over him. it is not about not having the right to rebuke the context of Jude is all about men speaking evil of dignitaries without any regard to their power and authority and they did so without knowledge.

I here men and women all the time here saying such silly things as, "I rebuke the spirit of Adultery, or drunkenness" most of the time this mentality comes from the false teaching of God's word. because both of those things are list as being the flesh and not spirits at all.
Eze 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

Chette, recently(one reason I've been absent from the forum) I had a Bible study I helped some friends in Russia take part in on the order of sentient creation, we covered 874 verses. The order is:

Lucifer, the covering cherub
The four cherubims
Micheal the archangel
The Angels
Jesus Christ of Nazareth(in His earthly ministry to Israel as the Lamb of God)
Mankind
Animal life

Before I am accused of being an "Arian", "Gnostic", or "Ebionite" with regards the Lord Jesus in the list above, while He is God and has always been God, He did at a definite time have a created Body, to be born of a virgin:

Ps 8:5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
Heb 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Another little mind-numbing thing came out in this study: If you study Biblical numerics(the symbolism, similitudes, of numbers), not numerology(an occultic form of fortune telling)you will learn 5 is almost always associated with death while 6 is always associated with incompleteness, and mankind. The number 666 of the Anti-Christ is a "Trinity" of incompleteness, entirely associated with a man:

II Thes. 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Here is what will give you goosebumps:

Eze 28:9 Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth thee, I am God? but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee.

Look at the list above and note the subjects 5th and 6th on the list. Why would the 5th in the list be associated with death? Whose death caused the reconciliation of (believing)mankind to God, Who has conquered death by "tasting death" for every man?

Sometimes I study two verses to get light on a topic and end up with a list of 200 on 20 topics before I ever stop, and they all fit.

In Ez. 28 we are told of Lucifer(Satan) as he once was, the most beautiful creature of creation. In Job 41 we see him as he appears to God, in II Cor. 11 we see him as he appears to the world, an angel of "light" and his "ministers" as ministers of "righteousness".

There is no Scripture anywhere to even hint that an angel is higher in order than a a cherubim, even Micheal the archangel. With one "exception":

Zec. 3:1 And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
2 And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?
John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
Heb. 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

The "angel" of the Lord was God Himself, the Son, in what is called a "preincarnate" appearance of Jesus Christ as God. There is a ranked hierarchy to all creation that God set in place. The "angel of the Lord" could rebuke Satan, He outranks everything and everybody, Micheal can't. That is why when Satan showed up in Job among the "sons of God", a fistfight could not break out. Satan is the devil, true, but he retains his rank among the higher created beings and though he would like to be the most desperately wicked thing above all things, he isn't, the human heart is(Jer.17)

As I told Tim(Boaz) just go with the flow and let God put the Scriptures together, when we do it on our own, we end up with Herbert and Garner ted Armstrong, Joseph Smith, Alexander Campbell, Jim Jones, and the Roman Catholic "church".

Grace and peace friends

Tony

Last edited by tonybones2112; 06-22-2009 at 01:58 AM. Reason: spelling