View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 08:58 AM

You are something else Chette, you told me to "take a hike" because I disagreed with your Gap Theory (and still do) in your " The Non-Evolutionary Gap Theory" thread, but you try to introduce it in many threads.

These very verses in Ezekiel contradict your theory if you will notice:

Eze 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

What is the first thing God tells us here? He tells us that Satan or Lucifer "hast been" (past tense) in Eden, the garden of God.

Now, according to your theory, Satan fell between Gen 1:1 and 1:2. But we know the Garden of Eden was not created until at least the third day when God made the dry land appear, and then caused the earth to bring forth grass, herb yielding seed, and trees yielding fruit.

I think even you would agree that a garden should contain plants.

Then God tells us that Satan or Lucifer was perfect in his ways from the day he was created UNTIL iniquity was found in him.

This contradicts your Gap Theory completely. However, for those of us who believe Satan fell sometime after the 6 day creation (plus the 7th day God rested), there is no contradiction whatsoever. I believe Satan could have been in the Garden of Eden for as long as 100 years before he deceived Eve. That is just a rough estimate based on the births of Cain and Abel, Cain murdering Abel when they were adults (they both had livlihoods) and then Seth being conceived and born after Abel's death when Adam (and Eve) were 130 years old (Gen 5:3)

So, approximately 100 years were available, but Satan could have rebelled anytime after Day 7 until Cain was conceived (after Adam and Eve's fall).

But, back to the subject, I have read these verses before and was amazed to read Satan was covered with these stones, the fact he was also covered with musical instruments escaped me. He must be an extraodinary looking creature.

Five of the stones mentioned are also mentioned in the gates of the New Jerusalem in Rev. 21. Little side-track here, but here is a site that shows the 12 stones mentioned in Rev. 21.

http://www.rivercitylures.50megs.com/njd/ston/ston.htm

I agree with the others, while we cannot know for sure he led the heavenly choir, there is certainly the great possibility that he did, seeing he was "prepared" with these instruments, and his position as one of the highest angels (Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth).

Last edited by Winman; 04-04-2009 at 09:23 AM.