View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott View Post
I've been away for a while....while it is true that we "see through a glass darkly" in many areas, I also believe faith and common sense go a long way.....when you say, "nice try, but"....I'll just say, I'm not the only one who believes this was an act of adultery....I was taught this by a man who knows more about the Bible than you and I put together....as far as wording, you aren't reading what you wrote--in other words, what is Noah's nakedness....read this again, please.....The Bible cleary states:

Leviticus 18:8 The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.

Now, the Bible says Ham saw his fathers nakedness....I'll ask a simple question, in lieu of Leviticus 18:8 what is "his fathers nakedness"????

God bless....Scott
In my opinion Brother Scott, the scripture is clearly stating “thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father’s wife.”
“The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness” (Leviticus 18:8).
As far as the statement, “…it is thy father's nakedness.” We should first consider what "it" refers to. I believe "it" refers to "the nakedness of thy father's wife." You might consider these verses as an explanation for the phrase, "...it is thy father's nakedness.”
“Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh” (Genesis 2:24).
“For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh” (Ephesians 5:31).
Regarding Ham...
“And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent. And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without. And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness. And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him” (Genesis 9:21-24).
Quote:
Kiwi Christian on post #30 wrote: Noah got drunk and naked, Ham saw his father's nakedness, when Noah awoke he knew what Ham "HAD DONE UNTO HIM". Ham DID something to Noah; this strongly implies an act, which is more than a 'look'. If Ham only looked at him then how did Noah know it when he awoke?

An act of fornication is the likely conclusion (we are Bible believers so I need not run the references connecting drunkeness, nakedness and fornication), what are the other alternatives and explanations?
Here’s my answer, Kiwi Christian. Jesus said, “But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart” (Matthew 5:28).

Let’s say, God forbid, last week I looked upon “Gorgeous Gertrude” to lust after her in my heart. What had I DONE UNTO HER? I looked, I lusted, and I committed adultery in my heart. I did not touch her with anything but my eyes. That is what I did and I am guilty!

What did Ham do? “And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father….”

Rather than speculate exactly "how" Noah knew Ham "...saw the nakedness of his father," or read into the words "...and knew what his younger son had done unto him," we should simply believe what the Bible says. “And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father….” and Noah "...knew what his younger son had done unto him."