View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
An act of adultery? Nice try, BUT the nakedness of Noah is plainly defined in the text as his own nakedness and not that of his wife.

Genesis 9:22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without. 23 And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.

Noah was plainly drunk and naked, his two sons covered his naked body with a garment. The Leviticus application of Noah's wife being his nakedness does not fit in this context.
I've been away for a while....while it is true that we "see through a glass darkly" in many areas, I also believe faith and common sense go a long way.....when you say, "nice try, but"....I'll just say, I'm not the only one who believes this was an act of adultery....I was taught this by a man who knows more about the Bible than you and I put together....as far as wording, you aren't reading what you wrote--in other words, what is Noah's nakedness....read this again, please.....The Bible cleary states:

Leviticus 18:8 The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.

Now, the Bible says Ham saw his fathers nakedness....I'll ask a simple question, in lieu of Leviticus 18:8 what is "his fathers nakedness"????

God bless....Scott