View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 07:35 AM

Steven Avery wrote, "only a few of the 150 referenced in Matthew are likely his own declaration that the TR is not correct -- people 'suggest' all sorts of stuff) which would change the underlying text."

I pointed out that the Dean was labouring to revise the TR, and had 150 (suggested) changes for the Book of Matthew alone. That is 150 changes in the TR of St. Matthew, potentially 150 changes in the King James Bible in the Gospel of Matthew alone.

I said that, "150 corrections to the TR is 150, not 'a few'."

Steven Avery wrote: "Of course not, and to write in this manner is an astonishing misrepresentation of my words. Where did I ever claim that 150 is a 'few'?"

What I meant exactly was that Steven Avery was making Burgon's 150 TR changes down to just a few, i.e. just a small portion of that 150, rather than accepting the plain wording of Miller that there were about 150 Greek textual/English translational changes in the Book of Matthew, Miller writes, "In the Text left behind by Dean Burgon, about 150 corrections have been suggested by him in St Matthew’s Gospel alone."