View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 03:40 PM

2 Tim 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

I agree with POTW. I myself am a simple person. It is all I can handle to study the Bible and understand it, I just don't have the time or patience to study the corrupt versions or even the history of how the KJB came to be. That said, I did read some very good books on the subject years ago that were very helpful to me.

For me, I simply believed that we have a perfect and loving God who wants us to understand and know him. And so God would preserve His words for those that diligently seek him. I really do not understand some people's concept of God. Do they think that God is hiding from us? Is his word a mystery? Is it in bits and pieces here and there, or perhaps even lost through time?

That does not seem like a loving God to me. To place you in a maze of confusion, with your very soul at risk. That seems like a cruel God to me.

And I know we are not supposed to depend upon man's thinking, for our hearts are deceitful and wicked, but even the Lord appealed to common sense at times.

Matt 7:11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Here, Jesus appeals to a person's common sense. If your earthly father loves you and is good to you, wouldn't our heavenly Father who is Holy, loving, and merciful be even more loving and kind than your earthly father? Would your earthly father hide the words of life from you?

So, I do not understand these folks who do not believe God has preserved his word for us, especially after promising to do so many times in the Bible.

I am not the judge, but I do not believe these folks are true believers. I think they are willingly trying to rationalize God away. It is a waste of time and energy to try to convince them, as soon as you answer one objection, they will come up with another.

1 Thess 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Only true believers receive the Bible as it is in truth, the word of God.