View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 05:02 PM

I remember listening to a sermon once, It was in reference to the KJB, it was a sermon in defence of the Book and I remember something that stuck in my head more than anything from the sermon, it was a story or should I say lesson about studying to much on the nature of translations, the textual issues, reading up on false Bibles and the errors in them and spending too much time away from the Bible studying about the Bible. The lesson was so simple yet it encouraged me so much when I heard it.
In the federal reserve, the counterfeit experts (The Pastors Father worked as one I recall) when studying on how to spot a counterfeit Bill or note, they didnt take all the counterfeit notes and study them so they could spot the difference in them, Oh No! they took the Pure, unadulterated, untampered, Bill or Note and STUDIED that note, making sure they knew every inch, every little detail of that Note to KNOW it is the real Deal so when they hold a counterfeit in their hand they KNOW it is counterfeit just by Holding it in their hand!
We need to Dive into Gods preserved word, to behold all its Glory, all its beauty, all the majesty of God's word preserved for us in the KJB and Gods spirit will let us know that anything else just wont do! For God is perfect, so is his word, so is his promise.
The lesson I learned from this was to go to the Book, more than study about the Book.

I think back to when the disciples left the Lord Jesus and "walked no more with him" How sad a day was that for them.
They left the Word, the sayings were "too hard" for them yet if they had tarried with the Lord a little longer they would have heard those wonderful words spoken by the apostle Peter when Christ asked them
"Will ye also go away?"
John 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

How amazing to know Brothers and Sisters we have the words of eternal life to turn to, to seek through his word whenever we want!

I don't mean by this post for anyone to stop looking for evidence on textual issues and changes and the History of it all, but to remember that the culmination of all those things we have! we
hold it in our hands, Dont neglect the Book finding out about the Book!

Psalms 119:140 Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.
Psalms 119:141 I am small and despised: yet do not I forget thy precepts.