Thread: Anti-KJVO
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
4.) God did NOT retire in 1611. He goes right on causing His word to be translated in CURRENT language. The KJV was in the most modern English of 1611, but that was almost 400 years ago, & the language has changed considerably since then. Had God updated the translation of His word in English, the following is what we'd be stuck with, from the first-known English Scriptural manuscripts : "“God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

Recognize that familiar verse? Well, here it is, some 400 years later, from the Wycliffe Bible, the first English version: "for god loued so the world; that he gaf his oon bigetun sone, that eche man that bileueth in him perisch not: but haue euerlastynge liif,"

Recognize it as John 3:16? How would you like to have no other Bible than this Middle English version? What's what you'd have had God not caused newer translations to have been made to keep up with the changes in the language He was allowing/causing. Well, same with TODAY. While none of those old Bibles has lost its validity, they are not clearly-understood as are versions in OUR English. GOD knows this, and has therefore kept His word available in the language of today.
I agree. God did not retire in 1611, which is why I think the Critical Text crowd is missing the mark by supporting so many updated bibles in English when there are over 3000 languages in the world today that do not have one verse of scripture translated in that language. If the KJV critics would put as much energy into producing God’s word for the rest of the world rather than tearing the KJV down perhaps we’d see some revival around the world.

If the KJV English is so obsolete and unnecessary, why is it that as a Missionary on deputation that travels all over the country, I see so many thriving KJV preaching churches that are flourishing with souls saved, saints growing, and missionaries being sent out throughout the world. The KJV seems to be getting the job done despite being “so hard to understand”. It wasn’t so hard for me to understand when I got saved as a 10 year old little boy who was raised in the Catholic church but got his eyes opened to the truth after reading John 3 in a King James Bible! If it wasn’t so hard for a 10 year old little boy, WHAT’S YOUR PROBLEM?

The deluded opponent said that we “KJVO” people would change once we were presented with “the facts”. Tell him that when he actually HAS SOME, to let us know about it.