Thread: Anti-KJVO
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 09:17 AM

Default Anti-KJVO

A guy joined my website the other day and asked if he could debate with us about the King James Bible. I told him that I would rather not because none of us are going to change and I doubt he would change either, so there would be no point in it. Anyways, this is a pm he sent me. I'm wondering how you guys would respond to these statements. They sure didn't change what I believe about the King James Bible. How about you guys?

Also, I found the book he refers to, if you guys want to check it out.

http://www.sdadefend.com/MINDEX-Reso...Vindicated.pdf

Quote:
Very well, I shall leave with no hard feelings, as i said.

You said y'all wouldn't change, but I know better. You'd be surprised how many "KJVOs" will change if faced with the FACTS. A few of thesr facts are:

1.) There's absolutely NO SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT for KJVO to be found in the KJV itself. Since it's not from GOD, & it's a matter of worship, that leaves only ONE other ultimate source!

2.) KJVO is derived from a 1930 book, "Our Authorized Bible Vindicated", by 7TH DAY ADVENTIST official Dr. Benjamin Wilkinson. And W wasn't trying to start a new doctrine; he was writing in response to an internal squabble within the SDA cult. Several authors (Ray, Ruckman, Fuller, to name a few) copied from that book, and, having better media tools than W had in 1930, were able to sell enough boox to start a new doctrine, which you've inherited. A mark of Wilkinson in KJVO boox subsequent to his is the "Psalm 12:6-7 thingie", which the AV1611 itself proves wrong. In the AV1611 is this footnote for the 2nd "them" in V7: "Heb. him, I. Euery one of them." So, we see, V7 is about PEOPLE, namely David & friends while they were mfleeing from Saul.

3.) The KJV is NOT perfect. Some of the more glaring of its goofs are "Easter in Acts 12:4(Easter DID NOT YET EXIST when Luke wrote Acts!), "the love of money is *THE* root of *ALL* evil" in 1 Tim. 6:10(an example: we all agree that the suicide bombers in Iraq & palestine are committing evils, but certainly NOT for love of money!), and the omission of "through our Lord Jesus Christ" in Jude 25.

4.) God did NOT retire in 1611. He goes right on causing His word to be translated in CURRENT language. The KJV was in the most modern English of 1611, but that was almost 400 years ago, & the language has changed considerably since then. Had God updated the translation of His word in English, the following is what we'd be stuck with, from the first-known English Scriptural manuscripts : "“God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

Recognize that familiar verse? Well, here it is, some 400 years later, from the Wycliffe Bible, the first English version: "for god loued so the world; that he gaf his oon bigetun sone, that eche man that bileueth in him perisch not: but haue euerlastynge liif,"

Recognize it as John 3:16? How would you like to have no other Bible than this Middle English version? What's what you'd have had God not caused newer translations to have been made to keep up with the changes in the language He was allowing/causing. Well, same with TODAY. While none of those old Bibles has lost its validity, they are not clearly-understood as are versions in OUR English. GOD knows this, and has therefore kept His word available in the language of today.

Last edited by Cody1611; 07-12-2008 at 09:37 AM.