View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simons View Post
I a reporbate someone that was saved and now teaches heresies?
Is a false teacher or false prophet someone who is saved and thinks they are teaching the truth about the word and just does not understand how to rightly divided the word of God. And a false prophet someone who was saved and thinks he hears from God but is delusional?
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Can a Heretic be saved or is Heretic saved and just misguided?
Scott, it seems to me the Scriptures identify the false prophet, false teacher, reprobate, and heretic as being lost; unsaved. However, on my part, I am not daring enough to say they (on an individual basis) NEVER put faith in Jesus Christ. I don't know. The Lord has not given me clear discernment on your questions.

It goes without saying we should beware of and reject the message of a false teacher or prophet. We should study the Word of Truth so we can identify false teaching. We should reject the lifestyle of the reprobate in Romans 1. The heretic, who teaches and promotes false doctrine should be avoided and rejected. "A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;" (Titus 3:10). I'm not judging whether or not they are saved, I'm judging there message.

Doesn't the Holy Scripture teach that we know them by their fruit? (See Matthew 7:15-20.) Absolutely! But it is very important for us to remember that even those who appear to be saved may not actually be true believers. "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity" (Matthew 7:21-23). They prophesied, cast out devils, and did many wonderful works all in the name of Jesus, yet He never knew them.

May we each purpose to, "...grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen" (2 Peter 3:18).