View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 06:46 PM
Forum Administrator

I only need to make one example to prove the utter foolishness of this approach to Bible revision (aka corruption):
2Sa 21:19 And there was again a battle in Gob with the Philistines, where Elhanan the son of Jaareoregim, a Bethlehemite, slew the brother of Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver's beam.
I've underlined the italic words that "don't belong there." The funny thing is that if you are a translator that doesn't understand Hebrew, and accept your notions about the inappropriateness of supplying these words in translation, and so you eliminate them -- you end up with a Bible version that any sunday school kid knows is wrong. (Which, BTW, is exactly what many of the modern translations do.)

Now, maybe you would include these italicized words among your "2%" that are "okay," and maybe not. The bottom line is nobody should trust you to mess with their KJV.

The administration of this forum will not suffer long any poster pushing his own private translation of the Bible. You are the third or fourth to come here with a "new and improved" method of giving us the "bible" that we've been "lacking" for nearly 2000 years. Go sell it on ebay -- I won't tolerate it here.