Thread: I need advice
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 06:18 AM

Thank you Vendetta,The information that is on this website gives me a great resource in learning those things that i should know as a christian,in order to answer or discuss with those who want to discredit or those who just want to know about our Bible, and the facts that are in it.
It is sad that this information is not being taught in my current church,they prefer to teach a 40 days of love sermon and have small groups. I am not anyway trying to judge or discredit this church or other churches,but,what i would like to know,it is not being taught. The last 2 weeks i have not bothered taking my Bible,it seems pointless,since everything is NLT or NIV and most everything is on a big screen.

Yesterday i had a good talk with a trusted Baptist preacher,he had also given me several books,had just finished up a 9 week study on how we got our Bible and how our KJ is the perfect word of God and why,he also gave me a book called Purified Seven Times. Wow, i cannot believe the wealth of good information out there. Just not hearing it from a Friends Church. Peopleoftheway is right,i can't seem to overcome my fear of making the transition to this other church,maybe because of my dad's dislike for Baptists,if he could only get over his past bad experience 35 years ago, my girlfriend enjoys it,and there are programs for the kids.
Myself there is an inner struggle,but, its my responsibility to act on it.
After speaking with the pastor,he said,you know what your problem is?i said what, you are a Bible believing Baptist,with a smile, i said yes. that made my day.