View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Brother Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I've done much worse than drink alcohol after salvation.

But here you go, since you seem to think, like others who have come here before you, that you can live a life of sinless perfection and full submission to God -

Jas 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Is there any time in your Christian life when you have known that it would have been God's will to do one thing, but you did another, or did nothing at all. The Bible says IT IS SIN - DISOBEDIENCE.

You are saved, not sinless.
Ahh, brother Luke, now your getting close!

So many of these Christians that come here are so concerned and occupied with the "sins" of the "flesh" - when if we looked to our hearts; and our minds; and our consciences; and our spirits - the "flesh" wouldn't have a chance. But this body of sin keeps getting in the way of obeying God according to His Holy word.

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Herein is the "secret" - Don't keep fighting with flesh. (You cannot win), instead we must:

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. [Proverbs 4:23]

Ephesians 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

1 Corinthians 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Acts 24:16
And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.

Hebrews 13:18 Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly.

1 Timothy 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Romans 1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

Romans 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Romans 12:11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

1 Corinthians 6:20
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Philippians 1:27
Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Timothy 4:12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

This is where the Christian life (and walk) is at. This is what its all about - NOT about "meat" or "drink"; or observing days, months, times, and years. NOT the WEAK and BEGGARLY ELEMENTS or all of the TRADITIONS OF MEN.

Most of the Posts by these Christians that are so concerned about DO NOT, TOUCH NOT, DRINK NOT, are "CARNAL", and benefit no one and there is no Profit to be gained from them. That is why I will not engage carnal Christians for any length of time. Our life is not in these fleshly observances, ordinances, and Laws. We have someone so much better than all of them!