View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
As a 'conservative' Canadian on the outside looking in, I am not handcuffed by not being able to 'see the forest through the trees'.

In my humble opinion the US and eventually the spin off to the rest of the financially dependent western world is in BIG trouble if you all vote for McCain. Look at what financial problems Mr. Bush has currently caused as he knows not what he's doing, then sit back and ride that wave as it continues to crash to the shore for the next 4 years.

Please be WISE with your franchise.

Aloha brother Gord,

If you were to examine this issue in some depth, you would find that the U.S. Congress is the most responsible for this mess. They required - by "Law" (under "threats" and "intimidation") that Lenders issue loans to "minorities" and poor people, both of whom had little prospect of paying them back. (The big "Boogie Man" being = "DISCRIMINATION" if the Lenders didn't obey.); next in line are the people who got the loans (many with NO DOWN PAYMENT!) who saw a "free ride" and had no "equity" to lose; next are most of the greedy Lenders; and finally the Bush Administration.

To lay this mess solely at Bush's feet is not just - there is plenty of blame to go around and "COVETOUSNESS" on the part of almost all of the "players" is at the heart of the whole issue.

I am not enamored of George Bush for many reasons (Biblical). And I disagree with much of his policies concerning Israel, Islam, North Korea, China, Iraq, Iran, etc. But the facts are that he tried to do something about this mess 2 years ago and again last year (and so did McCain) and the Democratic Congress would have "none of it".

I am of the firm belief that God is just about "done" with America! A country cannot execute 50 million babies in 40 years; approve of Sodomy (homosexuals & lesbians); Allow NO BIBLE or Scripture in the classrooms; teach the pagan belief system of biological evolution and the spontaneous "Big Bang" theory for the existence of the Universe and all there is; and continually interfere in "family" affairs and the raising of children, without "reaping" at some point in time. [Galatians 6:7]

Our political system is so corrupt (like all of the rest of the world) that I see no way out (except the Lord and His Holy word). If, at some point in the near future, the "translating" of the church is to take place and the One World Government is going to form, and the Anti-Christ is going to take his place at its head - America will have to join with the rest of the world, and perhaps we are seeing the beginnings of "the end" for our country.