View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 05:06 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." (John 10:28, 29)[/b]
Notice, that Jesus says "neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" This says that no one will be able to steal the salvation of a peron, if the person want to be with GOd.

Keep in mind that God has given us free will. Therefore, if we are in God's hand, we have the option to stay or to leave. However, no one can forse us out of God's hand. The only way that we can leave God's hand, is if we chose to do so with our own will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
And we know where we're going when we die, and we know He won't let us go...ever. We belong to Him. [/color]"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me." (John 17:21)[/b]
I agree, that from God's part, that he will never let us go. What about from Humans part?

What if a human want to stop being in God's hand? Does that mean that God will still hold the person in the hand?

They were clean, washed of their sins, by their faith. However, they, as we, pick up daily dirt on our feet, we 'sin' in little ways even if we're very good. That's why we need to ask the Lord to forgive us and to cleanse us, daily, to get the 'dirt' off our feet.
[/QUOTE]

Like I said about the temptations of Jesus. (Matthew 4:1-10)
That if a bad thought comes into your mind, and you accept the thought, then you sinned.
If a bad thought comes into your mind, and you reject the thought, then you do not sin.

According to your theory, Jesus sinned, while being in the desert, because there came bad thoughts into the head of Jesus.