View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Jewish "TEMPLES"

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
George,

Every Jewish Rabbi I have talked and have ask this question to has given me the same answer. It would look bad on our faith, and most people would not like us sacrificing animals nor would they understand. The Jewish faith has temples all over the world. They could use anyone of them for sacrificing animals, yet they will not do so. One day they will, but that day is in the future.

My wife is a Jew ( race only, not faith ) and some of her folks attend Jewish temple. They know the Jewish faith inside and out. As life long Jews this is also what they have told me.

Atlas

Aloha brother Atlas,

There may be Jewish "Temples" all around the world and some Rabbis may be giving you their "personal opinion" about them, but no self-respecting religious Israelite residing in the land of Israel would accept any of those "Temples" as being "genuine" or that any sacrifices made in them as being "legitimate".

Go to some of the web sites that I have listed. The religious Jews of Israel (and there are more today than there were 20 years ago) are extremely adamant about several things:
  1. All of the land of Israel was given to them (Jews) by God (not the Arabs).
  2. There should be no Jewish lands handed over to the Arabs ("Palestinians").
  3. There should be no "partition" of the land of Israel.
  4. There should be no division of the land given to them (Jews) into two States (Israel & "Palestine").
  5. There should be no division of Jerusalem into a "divided" Capital (Since Jerusalem is the Holy City of David.).
  6. That the "temple" mount and all of the land surrounding it belongs to Israel - not the Arabs!
  7. That the Temple must be rebuilt so that "legitimate" Temple worship can resume.
  8. That all of these things must be done because the Messiah is coming.
None of these religious Jews in Israel would ever accept another "temple" in any other place other than where the original Temple stood in Jerusalem. They would look upon any other "temple" as an abomination and sacrilege - much like the "counterfeit" places of worship set up by Jeroboam after the dividing of the Kingdom between Rehoboam (King of JUDAH - the Tribes of Judah & Benjamin) and Jeroboam (King of ISRAEL - the remaining 10 Tribes) after Solomon's death.

The "Samaritans" in Jesus' time were the "mixed offspring" from the rebellious 10 tribes of Israel that followed after Jeroboam (who abandoned Temple worship as outlined by God and who quickly fell into Idolatry.), which is why the Jews of Jesus' time would have nothing to do with them.

John 4:19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and YE SAY, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

The religious Jews that are now living in Israel profess and believe exactly what the Samaritan woman said of the Jews in Jesus' day! {John 4:20} There isn't any way and under no circumstances would they ever recognize any other "temple" on earth as being "Legitimate"!

If you read some of the Israeli publications, newspapers, etc., that I listed you will find that the religious Jews living in Israel look upon themselves as the only true representatives of their religion. They do not look favorably on those Jews who live in foreign lands - who refuse to move to the land of Israel and become Israeli citizens. They (the religious Jews in Israel) are happy for their (those Jews in other lands) support, but they do not look upon them in the same way that they do those Jews who have chosen to move to Israel and share in the work of rebuilding their nation.

Most Rabbis and Jews living outside of the land of Israel don't have the love of the land or the burning desire to see the Temple rebuilt again - as those religious Jews living in Israel do.

I have read at least one Israeli newspaper every day for nearly 15 years - I can testify to you that the religious Jews in Israel are nothing like the vast majority of the Jews living in the Western world. They are very much like the Pharisees in Jesus' time (just as fixed, fierce, and dedicated as the Pharisees of old) and I can guarantee you that they would NEVER accept any "temple" in any other place, other than a Temple, on the temple mount, in Jerusalem.