View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 11:09 PM

Default Our time with the Lord

I am very curious how everyone spends there daily time with the Lord. Mainly, I am curious what everyones Bible study time is like. When do you go the Lord in His Word? How long do you usually spend reading the Scriptures each day? What is your prayer time like? Are you consistent in all these things?

I'll start. On a good day, I start my morning with a hymn from the Mennonite "Church Hymnal," or "The Christian Hymnary." After worship, I will get down on my knees with my face to the floor and just talk to our Father about how I desire to fulfill His purpose for the day. Usually it is a time where I plead with Him to let me shine forth His righteousness to this dark world. I almost always ask Him to help me get along with my boss, lol. But other than that it's just a time to invite the Lord to rule in all things that day. After that I try to get in as much time in the Scriptures as I can before I have to leave. Usually this isn't much, but it always helps to get some time in the Word each morning. In the evening I read a portion of Scripture designated in my "through the Bible in a year" plan that I haven't been keeping to very well. Before I get into my bed I hit the floor again and plead for mercy for my sins that day, and ask the Lord to bless the time I read while in bed.

On bad days, I pray as I ride my motorcycle to work in the morning, and then I read a few chapters of Scripture in the evening after I hit the floor in prayer. I'm never happy about these days...

So that's how my time with the Lord looks. I really would love to hear how those that are mature in the Lord spend their time with our Father. I'd love to know how I could be better at this most important part of my daily life in Christ Jesus.

Peace and Love,
Stephen