View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simons View Post
I like this subject;
I know I am saved and will spend eternity with Jesus Christ.
God gave his only begotten Son for me, the ransom has been paid.
I see some going astray, and fear for them.
If anything I would love to feel and believe one can be saved and no matter what happens from that point, and they are going to go to be with Jesus Christ, forever.
You all have help move me closer to that position, however I still am working out the clarity in the word.
I know that the Holy Ghost will lead me into the truth on the subject, and I am not offended by correction and reproof.
So please don’t weary in answering questions I have on the subject, I just want the truth.
I can see that this forum has the men of God that will enrich the glory of God in the truth so don’t be offended by my questioning of points of seemly contention. If anything it can archive answers for other also.
Aloha brother Scott,

I hope that you will look up all of the verses (in context) that I supplied for each point. The point I am trying to make is simply: Although God made getting saved simple (even a child can believe) - the operation that takes place in a believer the moment he or she believes the Gospel is far more complex than any of us can conceive. Imagine! When we believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and in his substitutionary death and shed blood for our sins - We become sons of God! [John 1:12] God comes and dwells in us! [1Corinthians 3:16] We receive the mind of Christ! [1Corinthians 2:16] There are literally dozens more verses showing that the "new birth" is a whole lot more than just a way to avoid Hell.

Because we have this "assurance", does that give us a license to sin? God forbid! [Romans 6:1-2, 15] Read Romans Chapters 6, 7, & 8 and the Book of Galatians - these Books are "spiritually discerned" [1Corinthians 2:14] and if understood, they give the clearest picture of our salvation in the Bible (along with Ephesians showing our relationship to the Lord Jesus Christ).

The Apostle Peter said of Paul's Letters: [2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.] Peter knew what he was talking about! But, if you can get a hold of what Paul is teaching in these Books it will be a great source of confidence - in the Lord, NOT in your flesh - that will enable you to go on for the Lord (just like David) even when you do sin, so that instead of getting downhearted, discouraged, and defeated you can go to the Lord and repent of your sin and ask for forgiveness and get back in the battle, instead of worrying about whether you "lost it".

Remember what the Lord told Peter:

John 13:6 Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?
7 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.
8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
9 Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.
10 Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is CLEAN EVERY WHIT: and ye are clean, but not all.
11 For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean.

Are you washed (in His blood)? If you are - you are "clean" every whit! The only thing that gets "dirty" is your feet (from your walk!). When your feet get "dirty" go to the Lord and have Him wash them (your "clean" all over - except for your feet!):

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Do you think that because we fail to walk in the Spirit and sin, that the Lord Jesus Christ is going to "fail" to accomplish what He has set out to do? I trow not! He is going to have a glorious church - without spot or wrinkle, holy and without blemish! And He is the One who is going to "sanctify" it; He is the One that is going to present it to Himself - and nothing that we do is going to change that (so we may as well get with "the program").

Please remember that God deals with those he saves as SONS:

Hebrews 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

It's very clear - those who believe the Gospel & receive Christ as Saviour become sons. If we sin we can go to the Lord and get our feet "clean". If we sin and neglect to go for a "cleansing", the the Lord will chasten and scourge us (because we are His sons). He may correct us; spank us; beat us; and even take some of us home (due to our sins),
but He is NOT going to cast us into Hell - after all we're His children!

I have many more verses that I will present to bolster those I have already posted. Our God is far more powerful and more able than we could ever imagine. I praise God that He saved me 50 years ago. There are many things that I have done in my life that I regret; many things that I would do over; and many things that I wish I never did in those 50 years - but there is one thing I have NEVER regretted, and that is the day that I believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and received Him as my personal Saviour! There is nothing in all the world to compare with that - I have "the witness" in me, and no one can take that away from me!

1 John 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Have you got the Son? Then you have "LIFE" - "ETERNAL LIFE" (notice verse 12 doesn't have a double syllable word in it!). When people reject this "record" they are calling God a liar! Is it any wonder that I get upset with heretics that call God's "record" into question and then blaspheme God by denying the record that He has given us - "
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life". He gave it - I've got it! Praise God!

Last edited by George; 08-29-2008 at 09:31 PM.