View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Who Was The First One To Teach "Once Saved, Always Saved"?

Re:"gophgetter"
Quote:
Who Was The First One To Teach "Once Saved, Always Saved"?
"peopleoftheway"
Quote:
I am a wicked sinner, Jesus Christ saved me, I am washed in his precious Blood and no MAN can tell me different!
Amen brother (peopleoftheway),

It always make me wonder WHY people ("Christians") WANT to LOSE their salvation? Is it because they don't "think" that God can KEEP us? Or is because they think they are GOOD enough to KEEP their own salvation?

Once we are "eternally" saved, we do NOT have a "License" to sin (without consequences):[Romans 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.] But the consequences are never loss of salvation. If we sin we may suffer loss - loss of wealth; loss of health; loss of a loved one; loss of our own life; loss of future rewards; etc.; etc. But NOT the loss of the ETERNAL GIFT of God! [Romans 6:23; John 10:28; John 17:2-3; Titus 1:2; 1John 2:25; 1John 5:11-13; 1John 5:20]

Why would someone (a "Christian") believe that they can LOSE this GIFT of ETERNAL LIFE? I believe the core of this heresy is PRIDE (The Pride of Life). WHY would someone (anyone) "think" that IF they CANNOT EARN Eternal Life - then WHY would they ever "think" that they could possibly KEEP IT?

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

"Who shall deliver me"? Can I deliver myself? Of course NOT! Is there something that I can DO to KEEP my salvation - when Christ DID IT ALL for me (already)? These people who believe that they can lose their salvation - UNDERESTIMATE our God and OVERESTIMATE their own "goodness" and abilities!

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels,
nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that HE IS ABLE TO KEEP that which I have committed unto him against that day.

IF He is NOT Able to Keep me- Then, I'm a "goner" (because after 50 years of being in Him, I at least know myself well enough to know that: For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.[
Romans 7:18]). But, IF HE IS ABLE TO KEEP ME - I'm just as good as inside "the house" (with the "door" safely shut behind me)!

Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

I can tell you of a truth, that if Jesus Christ's work on this earth and upon the cross is not "sufficient" for ALL of our sins (before we got saved; since we got save; and up until we either "fall asleep" in Him or He calls us all home), then NO ONE will make it! But I know better - because
I also know whom my REDEEMER is. And it certainly is NOT ME!