View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 09:51 PM
freesundayschoollessons

Quote:
I am so glad I have only two authorities. One is my husband, and the other is my Bible, and since they agree, I really have only one. How in the world can you have so many authorities and obey them all?
I have God's Word. The issue is, and no one is providing a passage for me, where does God make it clear in Scripture that He would preserve His Word in the KJV alone?

As far as the following verses are concerned, you are pulling them out of context:

About prophecies in an out-of-control Corintian church, not people having to reconcile textual differences:
1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

What is being preserved are the poor in verse 5. Nothing in this passage suggests that God is preserving His word:
Psalms 12:6-7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

About two people failing to make an appointment. They will not walk together because they had not planned to walk together.
Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

The application of this verse can go either way. It is either against the KJVOnly or against me. I will not judge you. I will simply offer what I believe to be true, support it biblically and let the Holy Spirit illuminate.
2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.