Thread: UFOs...
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
The Bible does NOT teach Christians are not to judge. What it does teach is that we are not to judge hypocritically or based on our own standards. We are to judge righteously. This is from God's Word:

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

I didn't defame Ruckman in this thread. I gave a link where quotes were given from him on this subject. Verify it - prove it right or wrong - but quit calling your brethren wrong who are obeying God and using Biblical discernment to gauge what others are teaching - as we are commanded to do.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
Brother Jerry, why judge at all? I have never said or even intimated that we are not to judge - no not once, ever! What I have said (over & over again) is we should be following the Scriptural commandments; admonitions; and guidelines, when we DO judge.

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

These verses do not teach that we are not to judge - but they do teach that we ought to be mighty "careful" when we do judge. My question has always been: Why be so quick to judge? Why no hesitation to condemn a fellow Christian? Is brother Peter Ruckman a "heretick" [Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;], whom we can reject out of hand? If so, say so, and prove it!

Don't you have just a little fear of God in light of the preceding verses? We are told to: "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. If you don't know the brother; have never heard him preach or teach; and have read very little of his works (and refuse to read anymore) - How can you possibly judge "Righteous Judgment"?

We know that you have a high regard for brother David Cloud (you've said so and you have posted his URL on several occasions on this Forum); and we know that brother Cloud and brother Ruckman have had a personal "feud" going between them since 1985 (Read: "What About Ruckman?" by David Cloud); Why take sides? Why join the fray?

Brother Cloud has a whole page on his website devoted to bashing brother Ruckman (interestingly enough, brother Ruckman doesn't have a whole page on his website devoted to bashing brother Cloud), do you have to continually join in the "bashing"? I suspect that most of what you "know" about brother Ruckman comes from brother Cloud (second hand) and not from brother Ruckman himself (first hand). Why can't you let "sleeping dogs lie"?

I'm "tempted" to criticize brother David Cloud (because of some of his writings and "attitude"), but I forbear because I don't know him or his writings that well and I can't see how its very "edifying" (to anyone) to criticize or condemn a fellow brother in Christ (although there are occasions where admonishing; reproving; or rebuking a brother in Christ may be appropriate.)

Mark 9:40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

Luke 9:50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

Romans 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Someday (Soon I hope) the Lord is going to take us out of this sewer that we all live in, and He is going to transport us up to Heaven, where we are ALL going to face the "Judgment Seat of Christ". I can assure you that at that time, any sins that brother Ruckman has committed and hasn't confessed and repented of, that he will answer to the Lord - just exactly as you and I and brother Cloud will answer to the Lord for our un-confessed and un-repented of sins in our own life. 2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Until then why can't we be less "critical" of brothers in Christ that we really don't know that well, and leave his judgment up to God instead.

Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.