Thread: Dr. Ruckman
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 07:49 PM

Default Not so fast! Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
There you go:

Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

I believe this is referring to Genesis 22, where God told Abraham to offer his son, which Hebrews 11 indicates is a pretty clear type of Christ.
There you go… What?

I gave you 39 books of the OT plus Matthew, Mark and Luke totaling 42 books of the bible to show me just one case of someone looking to the cross for salvation and you come up with Gal 3:8, with a; “There you go:”

Am I to guess to what exactly you’re pointing out in this verse? Are you again trying to make something out of the scripture ‘foreseeing’ something? Haven’t I already proved in previous posts that prophecy is a given! Are you reading something into the word ‘gospel’ that isn’t there? I already addressed the ‘gospel’ issue in a previous post and you never made one comment or challenge on it!

Jerry…here’s exactly why you haven’t, can’t or won’t fess up to not being able to come up with a single case of an OT saint looking to the cross for salvation, it contradicts and cuts to the very roots of typical Baptist theology! You are a typical Baptist graduate of the…

Baptist Theological Seminary of Non-Dispensational Truth
Baptist Theology 101
  • Thou shalt not be dispensational
  • Thou shalt not see more than one gospel in the scriptures
  • Thou shalt not accept the Lord’s choice of Matthias as the 12th apostle; Paul is.
  • Thou shalt make light of Pauline distinctives
  • Thou shalt trace thy roots to John the (a) Baptist
  • Thou shalt claim Baptist a non denomination

You do trace you’re Baptist roots to John the Baptist…right Jerry? You’re not a member of the Baptist Bride…are you?

Let’s review…and I’m not going to let you get away with something as I did before!

Luke 18:31-34 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. 32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: 33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. 34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.
A. 34 And they understood none of these things
B. and this saying was hid from them,
C. neither knew they the things which were spoken
Jerry…do you comprehend the above passage!? Before the crucifixion, the Lord explicitly laid out before the apostles what was to be accomplished at Jerusalem as prophesied by the prophets! Jerry…do you comprehend what is meant by ‘neither knew they the things which were spoken’ and not just that, but what was just spoken was intentional ‘hid’ from them! See that Jerry?

Just in case there yet remains doubt, however possible, here’s one more passage, of several I could have listed, after the crucifixion regarding Peter and John as they approach the tomb:

John 20:8-9 Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed. 9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.

Jerry…I showed you this same fact in a previous post of before and after the crucifixion and you ignored it completely; you said nothing while still claiming an OT saint looked to the cross for salvation! Not this time! Perhaps this verse in a different color will shed a different light?

9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.

Hmmm…how about that verse in this color…?

9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.

To believe that an OT saint got ‘saved’ looking to the cross when Christ’s own disciples didn’t get it after 3 years ministering with Him is incredible! Oh yes…I threw Matthew, Mark and Luke in there too; of course we do realize the time setting of these 3 books…don’t we?

Before I erase the circle that you’ve been running around in and paint you into a corner of a box let’s again, as before, consider 1Cor 15:1-4:

1 Cor. 15:1-4 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Jerry…four critical points:

1. The Corinthians received a gospel from Paul by which they’re saved
2. Paul received his gospel from Christ
3. This gospel was prophesied
4. The components of Paul’s gospel are the death, burial & resurrection of Christ

And...Paul is very explicit about where he did and did not get his gospel from! He got it from Christ…not the 12 apostles!

Galatians 1:11-12 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

There’s the painted four cornered box…now to stick your Baptist theology in a corner…

Again…as pointed out in a previous post that you ignored…all the while the elements of what Paul calls his gospel, the death, burial and resurrection of Christ were hid from Peter and company, Peter and company were preaching a gospel that they too received from the Lord Jesus!

Luke 9:1-6 1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.
4 And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart.
5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.
6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

Jerry…doesn’t bible sense tell you that if the twelve were oblivious to the elements of what we deem the gospel today then obviously what they received from the Lord Jesus, that was being received by their recipients (Jews), aren’t the same?!

Jerry…if you chose to respond to this post then I beg of you to show two things:
1. The components of that kingdom gospel…to preach the kingdom of God
2. Exactly how the recipients of that gospel where justified in God’s eyes

I’ve taken a guess to why you responded with Gal 3:8 which proved nothing! But, did you take note to the link between Gal 3:8 and Rom 3:30…the text that you fail (as most do) in seeing the distinction Paul makes between God’s justification of the Jew ‘by faith’ and the Gentile ‘through faith’ and then proves his case via Abraham and David in chapter 4…which you take out of context?

See if you can find this link?

Romans 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

See it?

My previous posts dealt with the 'faith of God' and 'faith of man' under the OT. My next post, in turning the corner, will deal with ‘the faith of Christ’:

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Stvvv1611
2 Timothy 2:15