View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Winman quit arguing.

no one said God didn't create animals. I only said the word create was not used in association with it.

If you want to start another thread for this let's do so or drop it.

if Lucifer was create five days or so before Adam. And Adam didn't need but a few hours to sin on the first day of the next week. so it would seem only once did Lucifer lead worship before he fell which is before the first day of the week after the seventh day of rest. according to most on the day he separated the water from the earth to create dry land.
I'm not sold on the gap theory, but I am not against it. I see the evidence for and against.

However, Chette, you have made an assumption here.

You are assuming there is no gap between Genesis 2 and Genesis 3, and that on Day 8, along comes Satan to decieve eve, but there is no mention of that.

Adam and Eve could have been in the Garden for almost a hundred years. They could have had fellowship with God (In fact, the Bible says that they did walk in the garden with God in the cool of the evening, and they did this regularly). It also says that Satan was in the garden with God.

Now, I have a theory - Satan was also in the garden of God (Ezekiel 28). Perhaps Satan's iniquity was his desire to have fellowship with man, and have man worship him, and observing God's fellowship with Adam and Eve only served to incite his jealousy. He waited for his chance and struck. And now EVERY SINGLE MAN in the world worships Satan through his deception.

Of course, that theory doesn't sit with the gap ruin-reconstruction theory.

EDIT: - Amen winman. I didn't even read your post until after I posted mine :P

EDIT2: Another thing to consider is that Adam names his wife in Genesis 3, calling her Eve
Gen 3:20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

He called her Eve because she WAS the mother of all living. It's possible that they had children in the Garden, and that Abel and Cain were the first two born OUTSIDE the garden. It could also refer to a motherly figure over God's creation (man was given dominion).

What happened to her children born without sin? Two possibilities - 1) Taken by God or 2) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners.