View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 03:58 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
By the way, if someone were to ask you, Brother William, how would you answer this portion of Matthew 7:21?

Quote:
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Forrest that is an excellent question brother.
Matthew contains a lot of potentinal land mines with reference to salvation, because of the dispensation Christ was speaking in.

Actually, I have had people pull that verse on me, (Jehovah's Witnesses will use this verse) and I tell them the "Will of the Father" is to simply ACCEPT SALVATION as a free gift. (Eph. 2:8-9)

Then, I would whip out 2 Peter 3:9...

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, NOT WILLING that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

Then I would cap it off by showing them exactly what God's WILL is for their life:

"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who WILL HAVE ALL MEN TO BE SAVED, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."
(I tim 2:3-4)

Religion says: DO, DO, DO, KEEP DOING....

The Gospel says: IT IS DONE. IT IS FINISHED! TRUST CHRIST!

I would think that many of the evil people in Noah's day cried out to God when the rain got over their knees: "OH GOD, THIS IS %#&@ TERRIBLE," "OH LORD I HATE THIS %&@#$% WATER IT'S AWFUL!"
Let's not forget, God's name can be used as a curse.

(by the way please forgive me if those above phrases are offensive but hopefully you get the point)

Christ was drawing a contrast between those who simply cry out God's name, and those who have DONE GOD'S WILL, by trusting in Christ's Blood!

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 12-17-2008 at 04:10 PM.