View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post

Myself I find Dr. Ruckman good for the most part. I also find that he is a wonderful Bible teacher. I also find him a little over the top at times and as imperfect as any man who ever lived. No matter what any of us think about Dr. Ruckman good or bad. We need to judge a tree by the fruit it bares. Many souls have been saved. Many people have learned the more about Bible thanks to Dr. Ruckman. I love the man and he has helped me on many Bible issues. That being said Dr. Ruckman is far beyond making mistakes and incorrect Bible teaching. So both sides will stay where they are either hating Dr. Ruckman or loveing his teachings a little to much. For me I'll learn what I can but always make sure I look up everything he teaches and make sure he is teaching what he is teaching with the Bible in context. I do the same thing will all preachers, Dr. Ruckman has his problems as do all men. I will always read hi books and respect him for what he is, a good man and nothing more.

Atlas
Well Atlas, I'll tell you I agree with you here.

Until I joined Cody's group in May, I'd never even heard of Ruckman. I think he's a regional phenomenon (Canada is a long way from Florida unless you fly ) because my Pastor and the dearest senior saint in my church had both heard of him; the name "rang a bell," but they've never heard him preach. Pastor is Canadian, but the Lord led him south and he graduated from Baptist Bible college in Springfield.

I've since acquired (thanks again, Lor and Bryan) a set of cd's from the revival meetings at Dr Peacock's church in the summer, and first impressions of Ruckman were that he makes some good points I'd never thought of before, and I like his direct style, but I don't agree with everything he says. Listening to Ruckman makes me laugh (he has some good one-liners!) and it makes me think, but my Bible remains my final authority, as we all know it should be.

But in the spirit of sword-sharpening, when I disagree I'm encouraged to search the Scriptures and it continues to solidify my beliefs. For where I'm at spiritually at the moment, that's a good thing.